Artists from around the world are invited to mail their original art postcards for inclusion into this exhibit. We urge everyone interested to carefully read the basic guidelines offered below.
The theme for the show is A Postcard from Here. Here might be a place – real or imagined, or a state of mind. The interpretation of the theme is yours.
The exhibition will take place at the Sherwood Center for the Arts from July 12 – September 28, 2018.
All entries must be MAILED to:
Sherwood Center for the Arts (SCA)
22689 SW Pine Street
Sherwood, OR 97140
- To enable proper curation of all works, postcards must arrive by July 1, 2018.
- All works must be 2D (able to be wall-hung) in any medium, original or editioned print.
- Size can range from 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long up to 5 inches high x 7 inches long.
- Work must be stamped and mailed. The artwork may not be sent in a box or envelope or hand-delivered to the SCA.
- To qualify for mailing at the First-Class Mail postcard price, it must be:
- At least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inch thick.
- No more than 4-1/4 inches high x 6 inches long x 0.016 inches thick.
- If your mailed piece does not meet the dimensions above, then the Postal Service considers it a letter and letter-size postage is charged.
- Work must adhere to the family-friendly community standards of the Sherwood Center for the Arts.
- Artists may submit as many postcards as you wish.
- Postcards should contain the name of the artist, their country of origin and (only if they wish) their email address, website, and/or Facebook page.
- All works within guidelines will be displayed.
- No work will be returned.
- There is no charge to submit work. There are no monetary awards.
- Accepting work from USA & Internationally.
- SCA cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- Please ensure you use the correct postage when sending your postcard(s).
- If you have any other questions, please email Lori at email@example.com